View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
jdiba

Want to keep repair costs down next 2 years. Tips, suggestions appreciated

I own an 01 S 6 speed. Got the LN IMS upgrade done last year. Was a CPO when I bought it 3 years ago. Warranty is now gone. 69,700 miles at the moment. Thing is in great shape. I am in the middle of trying to buy a beach cottage right now and with a son in college as well things are gonna be a little tight for the next 2 years. If something were to go on the Boxster I might not be able to swing anything expensive. I don't plan on letting the car just sit there in the garage and languish over the next 2 years, I will drive it as necessary but I am trying to........"preserve" it as best as possible in attempt to keep any expensive repairs at bay for the next couple years. Any suggestions on how I might be able to accomplish this ? I mean other than the obvious, keeping up with the fluids and such and driving it at warm temp and pushing it a little. Is this an impossibility or.......

I plan on keep her for a looooong time.

Seems like there have been more than a few new owners coming on here lately. Congrats to all of them on Boxster ownership.

I ALWAYS appreciate the knowledge and opinions given on this board.

01 986 Boxster S. Arctic Silver. 6 speed manual. IMSR/RMS.

Last edited by jdiba; 03-20-2012 at 11:49 AM.
jdiba is offline   Reply With Quote