View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #14
ProjectM96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986_inquiry View Post

I've seen inexpensive headers on ebay, think I'll give them a whirl, and look for any other inexpensive mods. Not because the 986 is slow, but because it has a lot of hidden potential
Just be careful with those cheap ebay headers. I heard horror stories. They are cheap because they don't fit perfectly. You will most likely need to bend them into place. And they don't include cats so the CEL light will turn on and you won't pass emissions.

The cheapest street legal performance headers with sport cats I know of are from NHP. $999 I think. I plan to get them when I save up the money.

But yeah the 350z engine also has lots of potential. He also shifted gears much faster than me since he was more experienced with racing than I was. He matched his 350z's advertised 1/4 mile at the drag strip when it was still stock. I was afraid of shifting too fast because I didn't want to accidentally let the shift knob go while it was only half way in gear. But I am getting more and more used to shifting faster.

Last edited by ProjectM96; 03-16-2012 at 05:39 AM.
ProjectM96 is offline   Reply With Quote