View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 11:25 AM   #11
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Boxster
I'm looking for the lowest monthly cost possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I sold cars years ago, and the best no-haggle deals were always offered to brokers or those who were buying on behalf of a third party.

I recommend you contact a new car leasing broker in your area, tell them exactly what you want and how much you'll pay per month for the boxster, and let them go to work for you. They make their money on cash kickbacks from the dealerships and leasing companies with whom they work.

It looks like you want to lease, right? Know this: any downpayment or trade in goes straight into the pocket of the dealership as profit. When I leased years ago, it was all about the monthly payment and mileage allowance. I never put a penny down in downpayment and if you have good credit, you shouldn't either.

And one more thing about leasing payments: What they offer you is their first offer, not their best offer by any means. You should be telling them they are out of their minds if they think you'll pay that much per month, and you will be finding another dealership/lender/broker who offers the same thing for less per month. Hold your ground and watch them come off the price of that car to lower your lease payments!

When it comes to leasing, the price of the car is insignificant. The monthly payment is everything!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 10-12-2005 at 11:33 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote