View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #9
Flavor 987S

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered View Post
The death knell of aging luxury/sports cars is not bad engineering or inferior parts, it is owners who cannot afford to maintain their vehicles. I am in the auto repair business and see folks that are in over their heads every day.

Yesterday I told a customer that she needed to sell her 97 540i with 177k that needs $1500 in work just to get close to zero for a five or six year old camry or honda. She is unemployed and needs a BMW like a hole in her head. It might appeal to her ego but it is simply creating more problems than it is solving in her life.

Don't take this advice as being mean or rude but since you are asking the question above, you are answering it at the same time whether you are aware of it or not. You are simply looking for validation from us.

What you really said was " I bought a dealer maintained car hoping I could beat the law of averages and buck the trend for expensive porsche ownership but I found out that I am not so lucky and it has cost me a wad and now I am hurting and wonder whether my luck will change or am I still going to suffer".

Vegas was not built because people beat the trend.

So what it boils down to is can you afford the cost of keeping up a porsche? Only you can answer that.
Very good post. And I'd add.........."do you have the passion" (to you last statement)?
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote