Thread: Zeintop
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
tightbox

I believe a total of 12-14 Zeintops were sold (according to the guy who sold me mine, who seemed very knowledgeable about the whole operation).

AZ and his assistant (THE guy AZ now claims to have "no affiliation with") actually flew in from SA to SoCal to tweak and fit my Z-top on the previous owners car. It was apparently the first out of the mold, and rode around on AZ's personal car for a while. It has an odd/crude/obviously handmade latch cover.

I was supposed to get pictures of the personalized driveway fitting process if the P/O ever found them. He claimed the picture would shoot major holes in the idea of restarting the business scott-free of any liability to those that were left holding the bag on the previous business venture.

AZ also gave the P/O a black Zeintec leather jacket as an apology for the P/O having such major fitting issues. I have it now, but it is way too large for me!

Believable or not, it was definitely a fun story, and makes my top feel all the more special when I do put it on!
tightbox is offline   Reply With Quote