View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
The Radium King

no one? ok, some more context to support my plea for info.

i've a line on an old tpc supercharger kit. it'll most likely be a ground-up redo (replace piggy-back computer and 7th injector with softronic ecu tune and larger injectors, increase cold-side piping diameter, add intercooler, etc.) but the actual supercharger and mounting brackets are good and will form the basis for the project.

the tpc supercharger was initially designed for the 2.5 and will not fit with aftermarket headers or with catted oem headers. so, i have three options:

1- custom headers. not going to happen.
2- oem row 3.2 headers without cats. impossible to find; there are only two on ebay but both for the same side.
3- 2.5 headers. lots around, but don't want to restrict airflow out my engine with smaller headers. however, i don't actually know if they are smaller or not. the 2.5 headers look exactly like the row 3.2 headers without cats. perhaps there is a size difference i can't see in crappy ebay photos. perhaps porsche decided to use smaller headers in the row market. perhaps the 2.5 headers are the same diameter as the 3.2. dunno. would love for someone to measure for me!
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote