View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Gforrest2

Welcome to the club. Two years ago, while working on my other car, I noticed some movement out of the corner of my eye. Yup, my Boxster had somehow rolled out of my level garage and was now rolling backwards down my driveway. By the time I figured out what was happening, it was too late. I watched the car cross the street, jump the curb and hit a tree. Thank god it didn't hit anybody or another car. Damage was a dented bumper and a broken taillight. I had a moblie paintless dent repair guy fix the bumper for about $300. He told me up front it wouldn't be perfect, but okay from a short distance. He was right. There's a crack in the clear coat and a slight waviness if you look real close. I thought about getting the Ebay led tailights. But for just a little more, I got an OEM replacement from Sunset Imports. But you're right. The right side is bright and glossy and the left has 8 years of wear and tear. But like most things, time heals and I don't notice it much any more. Bottom line is I got out of this little mishap for around $500. And now, I always remember to set the brake and put the car in gear.

Last edited by Gforrest2; 02-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Gforrest2 is offline   Reply With Quote