View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
97 Boxster

Stupid Me - Wrecked the P Car tonight

Well, my nearly perfect 97 - 986 had an accident tonight. I will post photos tomorrow when the light is better. Pulled into my garage and parked the car. Got right out and proceeded to move my wifes Hummer out. While backing her car out I noticed that my wife was in the Porsche (at least thats what I thought). The car was driving solo. The E brake was not pulled enough. By the time I realized it I had to E Brake the Hummer and run to catch the Porsche rolling backwards down my driveway.

Right across the street into a 4 Runner. Man, this perfect car was running so well too.

From what I can see the damage is:
-Rear Tail light
-Rear Bumper smashed in on the drivers corner
-Small dent/crease on driver side rear panel above wheel

My concerns are the paint match. I have a guards red car and its 14 years old. Paint is perfect and deep. Not a scratch and always garaged. Will a reputable company be able to match this well? With one broken tail light would it be wise to have both replaced so they match and its not a NEW GLOSSY lens and an older one? Also, I guess I should have the bumperettes painted while its in the shop.

The good - Bumperettes can get painted which I wanted to do anyways. Also, the bumper is the only part that needs paint so masking the car or the risk of overspray should be minimal or NOTHING.

Thoughts??
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote