View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #15
TVC15

Coiguy:

I am a first-time Porsche owner (previously had MBZs) and have owned my Box for one month. Lately I find myself asking: why would anyone not buy this car? Especially compared to the MBZ and BMW roadsters; for me it wins hands down on all counts: styling, performance, sheer driving pleasure.

My communte is only about 30 minutes in stop and go traffic and even in this situation its fun to drive. I'm not sure about the noise you mention; the engine does have a decidedly different sound, but i don't find it distracting or annoying.

Regarding features, mine has all those you listed, except the 18 wheels and they are worth having. I didn't want the heated seats (who needs it in LA?), but after a few late night drives, I was glad i had them.

Regarding price, I didn't find the dealers very willing to deal, especially on the Tiptronic models. I wish i had found the dealership with the $10k off MSRP!

Regarding maintenance, too early to tell, but as I learned with my 280sl MBZ, the more you love the car, the less painful the maintenance costs are.

Good luck with your decision!
TVC15 is offline   Reply With Quote