View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #11
davezaristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiguy
Hello everyone,

It is my first time here and would like your input.

I had the most amazing experience last week when I test drove a base Boxster. The grin was from ear to ear and now I know all the raves you hear about Porsche are true.

However, I have always owned Japanese cars and this car will be my daily commuter so I have concerns about its practicality.

How many of you commute with it and do you find the noise too much? I liked the driving experience during the test drive, but not sure if I can live with it daily once the novelty wears off. I commute about 40mi/day.

What about maintenance costs? Tire costs? The salesman said oil change at 20000mile or 2 years, cost about $200. What about the other interval service costs?

Are "blown engine" problems that common?

I would get the heated seats, wind deflector, xenons, 18in rims. It sounds like they are discounting because of the year end. What kind of deals have people been getting?

My other option would be a CPO M3 convertible that's more civilized, although sedate to drive compared to the Boxster.

Thank you in advance for your input.

I am in the same situation as you and planning to buy (lease) within a month or 2. I am up here in the SF Bay Area and pricing is about the same, 10% off at the minimum but i am sure 15% is doable if you wait a little longer and depending on how many options you get. As far as maintenance, I am a bit worry also coming from owning a Lexus, which has been problem free as most would agree. As a result, I am planning to lease it and just turn it in after 3 yrs and 36,000 miles. That way, all i need to do is just one oil change at 20,000 miles and walk away (maybe new tires). Good luck on your purchase.
davezaristo is offline   Reply With Quote