View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
Johnny Danger

Garage
I had a 2008 Mini Cooper S as a daily driver for approximately 2 years, and I very much enjoyed it . A word of caution, however, the Mini (especially the S model) is designed to be a "driver's" car, and it's not simply the little around town vehicle that most people think it is . Because of it's stiff, performance oriented suspension, it can give off somewhat of a buckboard ride quality; especially on rough surface roads . And, it's overall driving manner is very lively and spirited . It just loves to "dart" . While I enjoy these characteristics in a vehicle, other owner's whom I knew, complained over time that the vehicle felt too "defined" and all "business" to them as a daily driver .

On a positive note, the vehicle's fit and finish and attention to detail was absolutely first rate. And in my opinion, the quality and feel of it's construction, rivaled vehicle's costing two or three times it's price . In the final analysis, the Mini was just a blast to drive, and I really liked the sense of "individuality" it's persona gave off . Oh, and it got 30+ mpg no matter what I was doing . Recommended !

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 01-23-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote