View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
The Radium King

i've often thought about building a poor man's yellowbird. it's 'just' a modified 964 (currently second cheapest of the 911's after the 996). you could do all the standard lightening mods (seats, RS carpet and door cards, sound insulation, lexan, etc.) safety mods (cage, harness, etc.) suspension (964 already has coil-overs) and brakes easily enough, and can buy knock-off ruf front bumpers, etc., everywhere (note the yellowbird didn't have flares to reduce aerodynamic drag and maximise top speed).

regarding the engine, i am of the understanding there were two versions; a ctr 1 and ctr 2. one had a completely built engine, but the other was built on a stock engine. this is cool, as the higher compression of a n/a engine gives you more lower rpm torque and smooths-out the lag from a big turbo(s). i think they tucked the intercoolers in the rear wheel wells like the 959. anyways, there's lots of threads on the pelican turbo forum on how to turbo a n/a aircooled engine on the cheap, so do-able.

ok, now get back to arguing about something that has no right/wrong answer.

Last edited by The Radium King; 01-19-2012 at 08:51 AM.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote