Thread: Interior Cover
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklaw View Post
I was thinking about getting a tonneau cover but am not sure if I want to drill holes in the body and pop rivet velcro under the clamshell. Installation is not for the faint of heart. Can someone who has a tonneau chime in and let us know whether they like/use it or not.
I don't have a tonneau on my Boxster, but I had one on my Miata. On the Miata, it had several advantages. (1) It was quicker to use the tonneau than putting the boot on and taking it off when you raised and lowered the top. (2) I bought a second-hand one that had never been installed for $80. (3) It seemed to complement the British roadster spirit of the car. It was pretty simple to install with no drilling into the body.

With the Boxster, I just don't see the same advantages. Although I have to "chop" my plastic window, it is much easier to raise and lower the top on the Boxster. The roll bar sticking up through the tonneau just looks odd to me. The cost is prohibitive, and I'm reluctant to drill holes in my car.

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote