View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
ekam

Sat in the 991 at Detroit Auto Show...

I'm really not crazy with the slanted windshield design that all the manufacturers are doing. It pushes the dash & steering wheel further forward away from you. (Yes I have tried adjusting the powered adjustable steering wheel on 2 separate cars but it won't come further forward.)

I also notice you sit into the car and you'll get surrounded by the high dash and doors like a tank as supposed to looking the car's front fenders like on the 986. 986 or 993 and earlier owners know what I'm talking about. (I'm 6'2".)

The standard full powered seats are very, very supportive, but definitely not for large people and I wonder the side bolster will wear quickly as you'll rub when you get in and out for sure.

Carrera S now have standard 6-pot front calipers. The wheels also have a slightly different (satin?) finish than the common painted silver color. They look nice.

It does not have front radiator, the center black hole is fake and does not redirect air to the side like the 997.2.

Frunk has everything covered up with plastic bits except for windshield wiper cap. Rear "hatch" opens but everything is covered except for coolant cap I think ... I couldn't find the oil cap. Not good for DIYer but I guess the new owners won't be doing any DIY.

Pictures coming later this afternoon...

Last edited by ekam; 01-16-2012 at 05:33 AM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote