View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
papasmurf

Installing a new convertible top....

The back window on my car has had two very small splits in each corner for about the last 7-8 months now. I had been planning on purchasing a new top at the end of summer but since the window was holding up and funds were tight, had put it off. I purchased a GAHH (actually is a robbins it seems) top recently as I wanted to convert to the glass window to avoid having to "chop" the stock plastic window in the future. Sure enough, just a few days after receiving the new top, the original window split on one side about 6" and I am now looking to install the new top in the next few weeks when time and the weather permits. I have the 101 projects book and have read through it, and the additional info on mike focke's website and have gathered that I need to purchase some 3M 06384 double sided tape, the 3M weatherstrip adhesive and potentially the plastic sliders and hardware that goes with them for each side (MY 2000). Is there anything else that I am missing that I need to order? I am going to try and do this myself as there is no one in the area that is recommended by the manufacturer and there are only a handful of boxsters in the area so the likelihood of someone doing this before is pretty small not to mention I do not feel like paying what some people are wanting to install the top. I know it will be a challenge but plan to take my time and will have some help from my dad.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote