View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
Kroggers

Thank you for the nice feedback - there was a lot of cools stuff that I would have liked to do, but my skill level is just not good enough. This was the best I could do

The old site that was hacked was a professional site built in PHP and was quite nice. But after having it hacked and everything having to be removed, I was a bit pi$$ed off about having spent the money and we decided to do it all simple and "in house" this time.

It has all been a good education I must say - I never thought that a site like ours would be hacked, but apparently it is just these type of sites that do get hacked - we do not put as much into security as large companies.

It was Google that informed us that the site had been hacked - they had updated every page on the site with some hidden code that redirected the visitor to some site in Russia that downloaded some virus type software onto the visitors computer

The hosting company were quite good and helpful, but to ensure that all changes that had been made by the hackers was removed they wiped everything and put the hosting back to start again. This is where I discovered that they did not offer a back-up service and that if I had actually read the hosting agreement I would have seen that back-up was my responsibility! So we had no back-up that could be uploaded to restore the web site - now we will keep a back up!!!
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote