View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
MileHighBoxster
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
I am a small business owner who started my business without asking anyone for anything. I took a risk because I have guts!!! This administration "Obama" has put my customers in a "Coma", they ALL tell me they will hold on to their CASH until he is GONE. So.... my business suffers .....daily until ? I could go on welfare,food stamps, un-employment but I just can not........YET.
I don't know business you are in, but the President's office has nothing to do with your business. The banks who control credit and lending and individual's personal finances do. It also depends on your industry, your market and your market share in that industry. If you are in a business driven by discretionary or disposable income versus required consumable goods your experience will be different. This year we picked up numerous municipalities and agencies while doubling our walk-in customer base. We just finished our annual inventory and ran our final financials yesterday. Our business is up 31% this year. That is consistent with the last 3 years. We've been open now 9 years. It takes a few years for the 20-25% of new businesses to start to thrive. If they ever do. Nothing to do with anything above a local level. The only place we've ever struggled is on line. That's gravy anyway.

Last edited by MileHighBoxster; 01-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.