View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
lexuspilot

I did the oem speaker package that pnparts sells on ebay.

They put a couple of Polk Audio speakers in each side. I combined that with the other suggestion you will find if you do searches and it sounds good.
All it can really do is pull the sound out away from the windshield. But I hear it better at speed and the sound seems more like enveloping(is that a word).

Go very very slow when cutting the boxes out. When you see the big globs of glue remember that is where the clasps are and you don't want to cut them. Wear safety glasses that stuff flies.

Use a dremel and a cutting tool. Broad tip for the globs and very narrow for the long runs. Mine had very little glue on one side and then a generous amount on the other.
I ran the harness down the passenger side across to the accelerator and through the hole above. Then behind the battery tothe passenger side of the trunk through the cd changer hole and back across.

The PNP parts kit has enough wire to do this. The accelerator hole is easy to find on all I guess but some people swear there box doe snot have some of the other holes cut out and plugged with grommets.

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote