View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Focusyn

Like 76er, I am on 2 lane roads, mostly canopy roads with twists and hills, and I was using my fog light switch for 'manual' DRL almost without fail. That is until the switch failed a few weeks ago. Rotation axis still works fortunately but the push/pull won't stay in any position but full down. So I logged in a few hours ago to search for wiring info to bypass it and run my own fog light switch for the time being until I collect on some accounts receivable and can afford an oem replacement (also buying new roof this month and that's more important because I have a gaping hole in the windscreen).

I was planning to do a DRL mod near future for some LED wraps but didnt realize it was this easy! I just want to vouch that for my 2000 2.7, using nothing but these instructions, i made a quick trip to Radio Shack for $5.38 USD (they didn't actually have 16gauge wire so that was for the connectors and the fuse jumpers), and completed this job from start to finish in under 10 minutes after getting home. So thanks and good post.

Two cents of input - the part number for the crimp connectors was a pack of 5 m/f pairs. If you want to run additional switches or relays you'll need a lot of female and no male, so I'd go with a pack of just the same females if they have such a thing. If you're just doing this project then it's fine either way.

Also i saw on some of the other DRL posts people asking about the same thing i wanted, which was all-the-time DRLs but with the capability to switch them off. Yes you can easily add a switch but you'll need more connectors, more wire, and of course a switch. I initially just did the recipe on this post to make sure it would work on my particular car but plan on adding a switch and LED bulbs as soon as the bulbs arrive so I will post the wiring and all that when i get it done.
Focusyn is offline   Reply With Quote