View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #9
Johnny Danger

Garage
Well, I'm familiar with MA Shaw's stuff (it's actually made by Getty Design), and it's no better or worse than the rest of what's out there in terms of aftermarket FRP . There was a time when he was able to get his hands on some oem parts like the GT3 bumper . However, that was years ago . In any case, about 3 years back I did a body kit on my vehicle that consisted of a Hamann front bumper and side skirts, along with a high quality German made 997 rear bumper . Given Hamann's reputation as a world class tuner, along with the price that I paid, one would think that these parts would have had excellent fit and finish "right out of the box" . Ha ! You want to talk about a sobering experience ! It took nothing short of Michael Angelo to sculpt these pieces in order to get a perfect fit . The stuff was ******************** from the get go .

p.s. To this day, I can't imagine telling anyone what the final costs were to complete this project, for fear that I would be involuntarily committed to a locked facility !!

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 12-18-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote