View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
pecto3

Extended Warranty for a 97

Hi! How are you all doing? I've been following this forum for several months now and I'm proud to say that I'm an owner of a 1997 Porsche Boxster (37k miles) with sport package. So far, I'm enjoying every minute of driving it and it always bring a smile on my face whenever I open my garage door. The car when I got it 6 months ago was in pristine condition for its age. The exterior is in excellent shape matching the interior leather upholstery (boxster red) where the driver's seat is still developing it's patina. Currently, I haven't had any problem with the car so far. The engine is solid and pulls really well. What a blast to drive on a weekend afternoon with the top down along the 101 in Ventura area here in CA. Although I might say, my Toyota Solara V6 scoots at the same rate as my boxster LOL!

However, there's some concern about engine failure with the 996/986. I was just wondering if any of you were able to avail an extended warranty for an 8 year old boxster. I read some posts here i.e. randallneighbour's comment that he couldn't find one for his'. I'm fortunate to get ahold myself a workshop manual disc and as most people here would say, its definitely not for the DIY'er. I myself am confident of working with the clutch, suspension work and the like but an engine failure caused by crankshaft giving out etc. Don't want to spend 9 grand for a newer engine and install if ever. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

I'll try to include a picture from recent german autofest in Ventura (since this is my 1st ever post). Thanks to all of you for making this forum worthwhile, learned a lot from this!

Last edited by pecto3; 09-25-2005 at 09:39 PM.
pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote