View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
sgt brad
02 box s

i google searched, "boxster gauges," "boxster oil gauges," and "boxster oil pressure gauges." i got the same results that i have repeatedly gotten. there is a slick set-up a guy with a 987 did mimicking the sport chrono with an autometer gauge, there's the typical jcwhitney crap and lastly there's the info on the 996 conversion which i think is fairly common knowledge. however, what was lacking was ANY OPTION FOR 986!!! please direct me to what i am missing. i am not interested in installing a 996 gauge cluster. i am not interested in hacking my dash to install an out of place looking autometer or vdo gauge.

i admit to being minimally computer savvy so if i am somehow missing that magic perfect gauge option to display oil pressure then by all means please direct me to the link like i did in my initial post in this thread.

for now i still think that somehow there are no simple, relatively inexpensive options to allow an accurate display of oil pressure in our cars. all i did was offer an option. it is the option i am going to pursue unless there is something else out there that i am missing. this may not be the most elegant solution. however, it's easy to hide if that's what you want. it doesn't require anything permanent to be installed. lastly, it's inexpensive. 175.00 or slightly less with sending unit for a small unobtrusive gauge that accurately measures oil pressure vs. over 1k for a 996 cluster or 2.5k for a racepak that requires butchering your dash? what is the debate here?
sgt brad is offline   Reply With Quote