View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #21
ProjectM96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
I'll say it again... A car with 200hp that weighs 3000lbs is a lot slower than a car with 200hp that weighs 2500lbs.... Like WAY slower...

Granted, unless you totally strip your car you're not going to get 500lbs out. But even 100lbs is feelable... Just take stuff out of your car! It will be faster..
And thats like $0 per hp lol. Cuz you're not gaining any horspepower or spending any money!! lol

If you want a car in a fast line, boxsters are not the car for you. If you want a great handling, fun, gorgeous car, then you should buy a boxster... Enough said.
True weight make a big difference. I think I read somehwere 0.2-0.3 second 0-60 improvement for every 100lbs lost. Problem with lowering weight-I drove without the engine cover carpet. I removed the carpet on top and the carpet behind the lower driver/passenger seat.

The car sounded horrible. It did not sound sporty at all. Those 5-10lb carpets make a huge difference in how good the engine sounds.

I thought of replacing front spare tire with Fix-a-flat spray, but idk how it effects my rim when trying to get a new tire? Has anyone used fix-a-flat? And I believe there are only 2 or 3 aftermarket rims for this car that are actually lighter than stock rims unfortunately.
ProjectM96 is offline   Reply With Quote