View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Jaxonalden

Garage
I guess I'm in the minority, I have an EVO. The argument I've heard is with the removal of the stock airbox (which is highly restrictive, four 90 degree turns before the MAF sensor) the replacement panels that surround the new filter don't seal out the hot engine compartment air. I removed the front engine access panel, closed and sealed the top engine cover and reached in and sealed any gaps I could find...and there wasn't many.

With that complete, if I look in my drivers side intake I can see the Outerwear I installed over the filter. It's a straight shot air sucking path right to the MAF sensor.

Another one is MAF fouling. Some people experience this and I can only think it's traced to over servicing of oil on the cotton gauze filter element. I run this type of filter on EVERYTHING I own. Flat panel filters on four cars, twin oval's on my VW bug, cones on the Boxster & quads and a Big Sucker on the Hog...never have had a problem. I personally like it and feel it does a better job of filtering out the dust and dirt particles than a dry paper filter does.