View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #31
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
Wow, thanks for the write-up Maurice. I'll probably have to read through that a few times just to make sure I've got it all, but hopefully that will work. So am I working all from inside the car to get things disconnected and accessible? So I'll have to pull out the leather storage compartment to do so, right? I don't believe I saw that explicity mentioned, so I wanted to make sure.

As for the window, it sounds like what you're saying makes sense. I can definitely hear the window regulator trying to do what it's supposed to do, but the motion simply isn't there. Funny that the less frequently used door seems to be the one with the stretched connection. Is this something that would require replacement or can I trim off this slack in some way and reconnect it?

You are working from inside the car, reaching through or around the roll bar hoops. If you have a leather storage compartment, removing it will give you better access.

The window regulator fix is by replacement. There is one guy on this forum who figured out a way to install a bicycle brake cable adjuster in line with the window regulator cable and that apparently worked. I could not find the post, but he posted it about 1 1/2 years ago, IIRC. He posted a photo of his fix also, and it looked like the only way to rescue a stretched cable. If your cable is frayed, that would not work. You will have to remove the door panel to verify the condition of the cable.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote