View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #28
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Sorry I left this thread kind of abandoned, been super busy lately and haven't had time to troubleshoot.

A funny thing that happened a few days ago, Tuesday night I believe. I noticed I had one fewer light yelling at me on the dash, and it was the top warning light. I thought maybe the bulb had burned out more than the car fixing itself (fat chance of that). So to check I tried pulling my door handle on the passenger side to see if the window would do its drop for the seal, which it still did not. So, brake up, pulled the top release, windows dropped, pushed the top cycle button. Got lights dimming in the car for an instant, so power was getting drawn by the button press, but no sort of motor noise or movement of any parts. I did check the fuse, which is completely fine. Of course as soon as I unlatched the top the light came back and has stayed on, so I at least know the bulb hasn't burned out, but I did find it strange that the light turned itself off between my last drive, almost a few weeks ago, and that point earlier this week.

I have to ask again, what way, if any, is ther for me to manually raise the clamshell? I really want to get under there and look around.

As for the window, I dunno if it has to do with the car thinking the top is out of position (it is completely closed and locked, no leaking), or if the regulator decided to go at the same time as this issue. My window still works normally as far as moving up, down, and auto down, though it seems to slow a little as it reaches the top when it didn't noticeably do that before. It will not lower like it is supposed to for the seal when either door handle is pulled. I can feel the glass move a fraction of a fraction of an inch when I pull the door handles, but it will not lower at all on its own. I have to drop the window with the switch or the key trick in order to have it not rub the seal upon opening and closing. Driver's side window is without issues.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote