View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 07:48 PM   #16
donv

The first year I didn't do the moth crystals. I had a roasted acorn and sunflower seeds smell for days when I started the car in the spring. They love nesting on top of the engine. Same situation with my earlier Olds Delta 88 convertible, but that was a beater I didn't care about... now I try to make it a lousy place to live (they hate strong smells). Maybe I have more mice than usual (live on a woodsy/rural road) - they nest in the snowblower between uses some times! The idea of placing traps around is a good one, no harm in trying to keep them from even getting near enough to think about moving in.

If you're going to take the "let it die" route w/the battery, you should definitely pull it instead of leaving it in the car. If your winters are cold enough, the battery will not only die but freeze. If it cracks, at a thaw you'll have an acid shower in the battery compartment... no fun. The Porsche battery maintainer is cheaper than a battery and only requires you to access the lighter socket - less work than even opening the hood.

I like the idea of oiling the cylinders through the spark plug hole... will have to think about that for this winter.