View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Olfa stainless is the brand of choice...keep a fresh blade handy. The knives are now sold at lowes. Most of the cuts you just run it along the body edge just being careful not to cut into the paint. We usually charge about 2-2.5k for a full wrap on a large truck or SUV and that is with us printing and laminating the material so it should be considerably less to have it wrapped in flat black wrapping vinyl as this film has no laminate applied to it (*supposedly built into it during manufacturing). The 3M 1080 stuff I was referring to runs $265 for a 10 yd 60" wide roll....pretty cheap. The dinoc you see people selling on ebay is probably way overpriced. There are a few other brands (oracal and avery) that offer similar products that may be just a bit less. Someone experienced with the material could probably wrap a boxster in a day pretty easily.
I'm heavily leaning towards doing this. Some dude in a Toyota truck decided to reverse into my bumper at the gas station. A trip to the body shop is imminent.
Once it's out I'm thinking a Reventon-esque color wrap would be good winter protection and would contrast nicely with the 997 Turbo wheels. I'm looking over the panels on the car and I don't think any are too complicated. Even the GT3 front bumper doesn't seem that complicated. The "PORSCHE" decal along the door in silver would be nice. Voila new car for $300. I have my buddy signed up to help if I help him wrap his VW

What brand of heat guns do you use?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote