View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
FASTBMW

Update on my mom's crashed boxster

As some of you may know, my mother's boxster (her 60th b-day present) was crashed into after only 24 hours of ownership. (She was sitting at a stop sign and another guy crossing the intersection got t-boned and then crashed into my mom's car).

Well the insurance estimate is approx $10,000 damage. ugh. New front bumper cover, radiator, fender, hood, headlight, wheel and damage to the rear fender + basically painting 3/4 of the car. We won't get the car back until the end of October.

The only good thing so far, I went to the bodyshop and asked them about changing front bumper covers since they were going to order a new one anyway. The guy was very nice and pulled out his thick book of porsche parts, GT3 bumper was ruled out right away, boxster S bumper was too expensive but I got him to give us a 911 Carrera 996 bumper to put on. It's not super special but it's a little different than all the other boxsters running around here. Anyone have any other suggestions? Install and paint is still weeks away so I have time to change the bumper if I want.
FASTBMW is offline   Reply With Quote