Thread: ouch...
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #15
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
I don't agree that the cheapness was all for weight savings either, the interior in the 98 is really quite cheesy considering cost and a 944 is likely lighter than a Boxster at 2800/ 2900 pounds.
Definitely wasn't saying that that was the only reason or way in which Porsche cheaped out on this car, just one of many. In terms of safety, it's just inevitable that a car's going to get heavier to get safer, so you'll need to compensate elsewhere or just get bloated. But in terms of quality, yes, the interior's definitely lacking for something that was $40,000 bare bones minimum when new 15 years ago and most likely going for easily $10,000 more than that typically.

Hell, they gave it a vinyl window for the first 7 years! And I didn't even know the car could come without door speakers until recently! These are things I expect to be done as cost cutting measures on a Yaris.

But in any case, it could definitely be worse, and it's not all bad. I agree with blue200s, something's kinda wrong with your system more than the car company when you rank a company up high one year and down low the very next.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote