Thread: ouch...
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
DenverSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwind View Post
I wonder what year ranges it covers? If it includes the cars with an IMS the likely growing awareness of the design weakness may account for that. However, a friend of mine has an 09 Boxster. The engine is great but the electrical constantly drains the battery in a few days. Chris
I don't know your friend (obviously) but many/most complaints I hear like this (from all brands) is from people who haven't, or don't, take their vehicles to the dealership for service. I'll continue to stand by my proven philosophy that a vehicle that is properly maintained (from original owner and beyond), and that is taken to a factory authorized repair facility (that knows that vehicle/brand) won't have many of the niggling issues posed in forums as "problems" or "issues" with their cars. It's called preventative maintenance for a reason. Take it to a dealership and have it adjusted or repaired to eliminate the rattle or electrical drain. I would not drive a vehicle, especially a Porsche, that had any issues especially annoying rattles. If I had a vehicle, of any type, with which a live/dead short couldn't be found, I would install a Cole-Hersee (or similar) Automatic Low Voltage Disconnect Switch to disengage the battery while not being driven. Or keep it on a trickle charger.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 10-26-2011 at 06:54 AM.
DenverSteve is offline   Reply With Quote