Thread: Winter Storage
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #19
peterbrown77

You're a real prince, Flavor, you should sign up for your attitude adjustment. Read the thread from the beginning. Burg said it was a terrible idea, and leave in the old oil with no explanation of how old oil is better than no oil. JFP said to do the change, experience dictated it - that was fine.

Overdrive agreed with JFP.

You chimed in with your ever-so-helpful "I disagree for many reasons" and yet gave none, just lobbed that little grenade over the wall and fled.

I clarified my initial post a little more saying the car would be stored in cold conditions and this has been said to adversely affect oils, especially (but not exclusively) mineral oils (though I always use synthetics). Dave S. responded that it had not been his personal experience that over-the-winter oil changes or storing oil in cold conditions had ever caused him any issues. Helpful, but not really what I was asking though I appreciate the effort and response.

JFP helpfully said that that manufacturers guaranteed shelf life, even if stored to -20 F. He also added it was not a good idea to leave the car on stands.

You chimed in ever-so-helpfully again with another little grenade, even though the point had been stated - "This will be your second mistake" - couldn't resist being snide, could ya?

So your "answers" haven't really been answers at all, have they Einstein? And forgive me for "failing to listen" to you, but I really choose not to.

Next time you feel compelled to respond to a thread of mine, take a deep breath and wait for the urge to pass.