View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
KRZTACO

1. Air filter - I'd use K&N. People have had issues when they OVER OIL after washing it out for the 1st time. On my tour of K&N, you only need a Very tiny bit of oil sprayed on. After some time the oil will make it to the rest of the filter. Many people just spray the whole thing down and the oil ends up destrying the MAS air sensor.

2. General parts -' I use everything OEM except for Brake pads which I will change over to a quietr, less dusty pad. Does anyone make a pad for autocross / street?

3. Wheels - You can't go wrong with the 18 inch Turbo Twists, try PCA or eBay for a nice used set.

4. Tires - Your preference. I run 19's for street, 18's for track. On the 19's I use a high Treadwear rating and they are very quiet. On the 18's BE CAREFUL. Before I purchased my Boxster, in test drove some Boxster's with a certain tire brand and caused HORRIBLE resonance in the cab with the top up......look into the tire brand.

5. Alignment - Be sure your alignment guy adjusts the Camber, caster, and toe. Many do not adjust the camber...as an added bonus have them corner balance it too.

6. Gas - I live in South Orange County, CA. I have NEVER seen 93 octane around. However the 76 station on the 5 FWY at La Paz off ramp sells 100 Octane at $6 a gallon.

KRZ
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote