View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #10
Perfectlap

If you'd a bought a newer/nicer Porsche....you'd a dumped a bunch of money into that too. All Porsches need expensive maintenance and all Porsche owners love blowing money on upgrades. Front engine Porsche, Midengine Porsche, rear engine Porsche. At least you picked the Porsche that sets the bar for its class, can't say the same about the other Porsches. I'd also say you kept your hobby to the lowest possible cost given what you could have spent fixing and upgrading a pricier Pcar. A guy with a 996 Turbo that he bought "cheap" will talk your ear off about how he could have bought a Boxster or Cayman on all the major maintenance he had to do. That's my indy mechancis words not mine. Owning a Porsche for the long haul is a question of expensive or more expensive or holy **** I could have bought a condo in Florida...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
I've got $38k in a boxster worth $9,500 on a good day if I sold it to a kid without any common sense and a pocket full of cash and no dad or brother to talk him out of it. I'd caution you not to do what I did over the course of the last eight years, which is to dump enough money to buy a much nicer Porsche into an old boxster to make it look cool and actually run smoothly and not creak and squeak and billow smoke.

I'll not attempt to talk you out of buying a boxster, but I will caution you to think about the car itself for the first few years before you drop ten large to make it look more aggressive.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 10-18-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote