Thread: Caymen S
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 07:11 AM   #13
Rainforest01

I would take a Cayman over a 997 anyday. I love the styling (I actually prefer coupes). The Cayman reminds me more of a classic 911 with flares. I think the Cayman is going to be a much better balanced car (the Boxster already is) than the 911.
As for target audience and limiting the racing, shot in the dark! Porsche is about racing. It's where they built their reputation. It's also hard to argue with Porsche because in all the major racing events (i.e. LeMans, Daytona) they win with the 911. So why change. Target audience I think will be more people like myself. I don't purchase a Porsche just because of the badge. I purchase it because of the performance pure and simple. I drove a 996 back to back with a Boxster. It was VERY aparent to me that the Boxster was better balanced when pushed. That is what I like, balance. The Cayman is going to give better control at the limit vs. the 911.
If you want to see what the Cayman can really do to the 911 given the proper horsepower, wait till Ruf puts a 400hp GT3 engine in it and then see what happens!
Rainforest01 is offline   Reply With Quote