View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
On tonight's evening news, they did the math on the 9-9-9 plan. A family of four, making 50k a year total household income, would end up paying thousands more unless the employers give the employees the SS withholding they will no longer have to pay.

Fat chance of that happening across the board. Some will, most won't.

Sadly, I believe Romney is going to get the nod from the GOP.

JD, last election I wrote in my own name. Voting for the least of the evils is still voting for evil in some capacity. If I were going to write in the name of someone else, I think I'd write in DAVE RAMSEY.

He's no better qualified than all the others, but the guy's got a solid outlook on life and no political agenda with TONS of sound financial thinking.
Herman said, that the 6.5 % difference would be retained by the employee. Remember, it's a start to overhaul an outdated tax system and make it fair so everybody contributes. That's roughly on $500, $32 bucks more every week.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote