View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
Ghostrider 310
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post
Link to the report

http://feed.ne.cision.com/wpyfs/00/00/00/00/00/16/73/EA/wkr0006.pdf

Guess that google translate can do the work but as it is a PDF it might be tricky.

I might have some lack of mathematical skills but still it is a high rate of failures for Porsche cars. And I guarantee, most of them are really babied for during wintertime due to the even higher premium pricing we have in Sweden compared to US. Also when it comes to driving errors I do think that we as Porsche drivers see ourselves as slightly more interested in our cars than the average Toyota owner which means that we do probably check the oil better/ more often than average driver etc.

Many years ago, when most cars burned oil, I would frequently put three quarts in a customer car at the gas pump. That is what I considered abuse, most not all but most Porsche cars are treated like a family member, the m96 problem shouldn't be blamed on the poor bastards holding the short straw.

I worked at Kodak for sixteen years, when the company was founded it almost went broke because Eastman had a bad emulsion run. He paid EVERY customer back who bought a roll. Porsche should have done something, anything except retreat into the safety of how many dealer stamps the car had. There should have been a class action suit too why there wasn't is a mystery. Since I can't shift now I'd like a PDK spyder but I have to say giving Porsche any more of my money is going to be a tough decision.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 10-04-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote