View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #41
mjw930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Both great bikes.

Have you ridden the street rod? If so, what did you think?
Yes, I have and it's a very nice ride but the Speed Triple is 200 lbs lighter with slightly more power and torque for $6000 less. It kills me to say that because I'm an admin at http://www.v-rodforums.com/ , The largest collection of VRSC (V-Rod, Street-Rod, etc.) owners in the world (almost 7000 members).

I will say that it's the best handling Harley I've ever ridden but the riding position is best suited for someone 6' tall, I'm only 5'9" so I would have to pull the bars back about 1.5" to get long range comfort. The V-Rod, on the other hand, is comfortable for hours on end and the motor is the sweetest V-Twin I've ever ridden.

And you probably already know that Porsche was instrumental in the motor's streetability redesign from the original VR1000 race motor that became the Revolution motor. Porsche also owns 49% of the motor assembly facilities in KC (Harley owns 51%) and it's not disclosed how much of the entire assembly facility is jointly owned by Porsche but I'm told it's significant (can you say North American Assembly capabilities ) .
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote