View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #18
Mr. Boone

I bought my 2002 S from a private party and I paid right at Kelly blue book for it for a private party sale, so I don't think I paid too much for it. Like I was saying one of the main reasons I selected this car was because of the CPO extended warrantee. The seller told me he paid quite a premium for it when he bought the car from a Porsche dealership here in LA. I found this valuable to protect me from catastrophic failures and I feel it will do that. The good news is it is fully transferable. There is no paperwork involved with transference, as like stated before, this CPO warrantee is attached to the VIN and comes up in the dealers computer as soon as they check in the car. That's kinda cool cause "Bonzo" the seller, as we will affectionately call him from now on, could produce absolutely no paperwork substantiating his claim of said extended warrantee. I had to call up the dealership to verify his claim and within minutes, the service rep gave me the good news. This verification would have come up on any Porsche dealers computer. I am actually still under the factory warrantee for one more year, but judging from my experience with warrantee issues covered by factory, I am expecting some fiarly significant resistance when it comes to CPO warrantee issues. Nowhere near has my experience with Porsche been as satisfying as Randall’s rendition of how Lexus treated him. The worst part I am also re-stating is I just can't seem to get a straight answer on what will be covered and what will not be covered once my factory warrantee runs out. One thing for sure is that I will put up a hell of a fight if they try to reneg on something that really should be covered. Randall - Ill look forward to your post RE your covert Op.
Mr. Boone is offline   Reply With Quote