View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #19
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King
the ebay headers are copies of expensive headers (slightly larger diameter, equal length primaries, etc.) so the the differences between $65 and $1000 headers become very small (ie, porting, polishing - most things you can fix with a dremmel) and any power improvements negligible.

regarding the cats, please show my anything that confirms that the cats on the mid pipes are more restrictive than the cats on the headers. here's a previous post by a board member regarding cell count:

Quote:

"Anybody have any idea how many "cells" are in the OEM primary and secondary cats?

I've come across differing information. In the past, I've been told that the primary cats are 400 cell and the secondaries are 600. However, I tend to think that they're 400 cell all around."

so, either the cats are the same, or the cats on the midpipe (the 600 cell secondaries) are more restrictive. either way, best money and performance are on the ebay headers and leave the midpipes as-is.
Throughout my entire experience conducting exhaust mods, I've both read and have been told by virtually every knowledgeable exhaust "tech" and "tuner" that the secondary cats on the 986 were 600 cell .