Thread: 993...
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #33
promark420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S
Hey Promark, please tell us more about your father's Turbo! Color combo, options, how many owners? I'd love to learn more.

There are some great air-cooled indy shops in the Atlanta area. Your father needs to find one. Don't go to the dealership. They don't know these cars very well. They are rare (less than 500 1997 Turbos in North America), and dealerships have not seen them in years, if ever.

Yes, the radio sucks, but with the windows down, sunroof open, and Fab Speed bypass, you can't hear it in my car anyways!

The HVAC system is EXCELLENT! The little I've driven it in cold weather, the heat is almost "instant on", due to the heat exchangers on the exhaust system. As for the AC, I use mine less than 1% of the time, and it has been fine in +98 degree weather.

The pedals are great in the Turbo, but I also have a very custom set-up for my style, and performance clutch and LWFW.
Silver with gray interior, original owner, as for options...I don't really remember since I was all of 13 when he got it. You do the math ;-) To my knowledge, it's fairly standard, but I do know that he got the full leather interior and the 6 disc CD changer; it gets fuzzy after that. I'll have to take a good look at it next time I'm at the house. Every year he threatens to sell it to get an Audi R-8 or Lexus LFA, but I end up talking him out of it. At this point, I like it more than he does. I want him to keep it even though I never drive it because it's my brother's inheritance and that is, to him, the most perfect car he's ever driven.

I never remember it having a weak A/C, and as far as the audio goes...does it really matter? It doesn't to me. I have "just" a 986, and I've been known to turn off the audio for weeks at a time. It's my daily driver...in Atlanta's traffic.

He hasn't gone to a dealership since it was out of warranty because he found a good indie shop in Anniston, AL (Southern Star) ever since my stepmother's 2001 Mercedes S-500 started having issues that the dealership couldn't fix yet they did. Imagine that... It turns out that one of the technicians there is Porsche factory trained, so they took her 2000 Boxster (now my Boxster) there for maintenance.

Last edited by promark420; 09-02-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Color combo
promark420 is offline   Reply With Quote