Thread: 993...
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 03:36 AM   #32
mts

After living with the very slick Boxster top for the last 4 years I just couldn't bring myself to do a 993 cab. I actually like them, just knew I wouldn't want to consistently mess with the plastic rear window and boot cover all the time. The Targa certainly isn't a convertible, but I find it to be a decent compromise between a cab (I am generally a rag top guy) and going all the way back to just a couple with a sunroof. Plus, the Targa has the coupe lines which I favor vs. the 993 cab. To each his own there. The Targa's weren't widely produced in the 993 line. There were about the same number of them made 1996-1998 as there were the limited edition Boxster S models produced in 2004 (the car I sold).

I'm changing the suspension and wheels out next week along with lowering the car a little. It's sort of considered sacralige in the 993 community to change out the stock Targa 17" wheels, but I'm just not a big fan so I am going to an 18" offering. I'll post some additional pics once I finish.
Attached Images

2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote