Thread: 993...
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #27
promark420

My dad has a '97 993 TT, and he absolutely hates it for some unknown reason. I think it's his age. He complains about the low driving position, the "horrible" HVAC and stereo and the ride.

It's also been a PITA to maintain from the start. I don't know all of the details about every single repair, but I do know that it has a rebuilt engine (under warranty) and the air bag was one dash cover from deploying.

So, for those reasons, he doesn't drive it much, and it surely isn't his DD.

Personally, I LOVE that car. It's quite different from the 986, but it is most definitely a Porsche. In fact, concentrate and amplify the essence of the 986 and that's the 993 (TT at least). The suspension is stiffer, a little noisier, a lot more stable, steering's a little tighter and it definitely accelerates faster. My only minor complaint is that the pedals are a little shifted to the right so you feel a little contorted after driving it for an extended period.

So, with the exception of my dad's I would really consider if this is a suitable DD, but it is definitely worth driving a few times a week.