View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Marburk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
Based on my experience, you'll lose a significant amount of low end and mid range torque.
Not to mention CEL's galore . In addition, the oem muffler is extremely restrictive . Personally, unless your budget will allow you to purchase a set of high quality headers and cats, I would stick with the oem headers/pre-cats , delete the secondaries, and replace the oem muffler with a suitable aftermarket one . There are numerous brands across a wide price spectrum that will not only weigh considerably less, but will provide better exhaust flow and sound superior .
I'm new to the forum and this my first post. I am considering doing the exact exhaust mod you just described on my 2003 986. I'm looking at the Fabspeed Maxflow exhaust system with the 2ndary cat delete pipes and a performance muffler. I'm also researching the FVD Brombacher "Sound Version" muffler with the secondary cat delete pipes. However, after reading some of the posts on other threads about in-cabin drone and resonance, I'd like to be able to meet another member who has already done either mod and hear their car in person. I live in Laguna Niguel, CA (Orange County). If anyone with the mods lives in Southern Cal I'd love to meet them and check out their mods. Please send me a PM. Thanks.
Marburk is offline   Reply With Quote