View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #1
26garth

Thumbs up very new to this

Good day everyone. Well I finally decided to try it. I've heard nothing but good things so why not. Please forgive my silly questions and lack of knowledge as I am a newbie in as far as "boards" go but Ive had my car for about 3 years and have run out of tastefull and usefull modifications and or additions. I will describe what I've done as briefly as I can and would love/welcome as much feedback on similar mods/additions from everyone. I started with a 2001 Boxster with 18k miles. The previous owner had done a lot of things to it after he got it that i had no clue about.
1. H&R suspension - i was told it lowered the car about 3/4 of an inch and makes a world of difference in handling.
2. Gemballa exhaust - sounds great/dual chrome tips
3. Gemballa front strut brace or bar or whatever you call it across the front near the battery - stiffens the body in turns i guess
4. Litronic or Hologen headlights - cool blue tint and brighter i guess w/clr turn signals
The car has sport seats without the embossed porsche logo and all the other standard stuff. Oh, it's a 5 speed. Here is what I've done to it:
1. exchanged stock front and rear bumpers to 2004 Boxter S bumpers which entailed changing the entire rear spoiler assembly etc
2. red and clear newer tail lights
3. clear parking/corner lights
4. boxter s door entry guards blk w/silver script
5. installed cross drill rotors and painted calipers red with porsche decals
6. painted all appropriate interior parts same color as exterrior-silver
a. seat backs
b. door handles etc
c. dash parts-stereo surround,vents, instrument cluster surround etc
d. center console etc
7. updated shifter/boot with newer two tone silver and black
8. had exterior side vents painted silver for newer updated look
9. painted rollbar
10. installed aerokit II sideskirts
11. custom 1 off 19" chrome 5 spoke wheels with 1 off genuine porche color crest center caps
12. installed speaker kit in rear storage shelf/cubby holes
13. new stereo with kenwood music keg and custom 10" subwoofer encloser in passenger footwell for some base/thump

I thinks thats everything, the only think i would like to add is the new top with the glass rear window but ive heard they havent perfected it yet.
If anyone can help me out, i would like to post some pics.
Thanks in advance for your feedback/input and assistance
26garth is offline   Reply With Quote