View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
ubii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve
I would contact my dealership or mechanic and let them have a look at the pieces. Those are larger than what I would ignore. Do you have any unusual noises, sounds or concerns? If you are changing your own oil, do you always inspect the oil/filter? Ever found it before?

I do have an extremely faint knocking sound at idle, which has been there since I bought the car about a year ago. My assumption was that it was lifter or injector related and I recently changed from Mobil 1 0w-40 to Castrol Syntec 5w-40 and ran some Techron through engine, which has seemed to help it quiet down a bit, but that could be my imagination. I have only done two oil changes since I bought it and the first time (about 5K miles ago), I checked the filter, but not as thoroughly as this time and did not see any metal flakes. Normally, I do all of the wrenching on my car, but I might break down and take it to a local independent Porsche shop, who happens to be a LN Engineering dealer. I guess I will call them on Monday and get an estimate on how much it will cost to install the LN IMS retrofit kit, a new clutch, and RMS. I was planning on doing this next spring anyway, but it sounds like it is not safe to wait that long. Anything else, I should look at doing at the same time?
ubii is offline   Reply With Quote