View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Lobo1186

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
With all due respect, the additional power that you are experiencing must be in the upper rpm range . Clearly, your system is more characteristic of how track applications are set-up, wherein the concentration is much more focussed on high end power. Virtually every boxster that I know (most importantly my own), lost low end to mid range torque when run completely catless . Furthermore, with that set-up the only way that I'm aware that one can truly rule out CEL's is to re-map the ECU. And, that comes with it's own separate cost .

Luckily I have a ROW tune on my car. My only issue that I have is purely sound. I have a deluboz v1 muffler which is nice and light but with the cat-less setup (ebay headers [which by the way seem to be built fairly well and are wrapped.]) and my own made bypass the whole thing is just too raspy and well I think too low on the back pressure. I was hoping adding an S muffler I might increase some of the back pressure and possibly gain some of the lost low end power... but idk if it works like that. I also put on a very small UDP from precision chassis works for good measure.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote