Thread: The replacement
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
trogdor

The replacement

A month ago my wife was coming home from work in our silver 01 Miata LS and was hit by a bigger American car which totalled the Miata. She's doing fine now but despite some minor injuries she was more mad that our convertible was gone! This was our second Miata and when we first started looking for a fun car we were immediately drawn, or maybe I was, to the classic curvy two-seater sportscar. I always liked the Miata and wanted to get a Flyin Miata turbo and other enhancements but just never got around to it. So, I enjoyed the handling and lived with the power deficit - at least it kept me out of trouble.

So, after considering minivans for a replacement (I fly R/C airplanes and have trouble getting them in the Camry much less the Miata!) we saw a Boxster at Carmax. After thoroughly researching them here and elsewhere on the web I wanted a test drive!

So, after about 2 weeks of checking out various years and options we finally settled on the nicest S is northern Virginia in our price range! It sure felt heavy at first but I love the power, handling and braking. It's like a big Miata that can outrun most sedans and vans on the road! (A... ahem.. problem with the Miata)

So anyway, here she is - I pick her up again in a day or two after a couple fixes by the dealer and a detail.
trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote