View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Turned out to be a great weekend! Over 60 cars and 16 Boxsters and Caymans. I arrived Friday morning for the golf tournament, it was 3 teams of 3 in a scramble. Was a lot of fun other than a massive storm that came up causing us to seek shelter.

Friday night was a meet and greet with drinks and then dinner with new friends. The weekend turned out to be a great social event where everyone made many friends. Judging was 'Peoples Choice Concours' so it wasn't real serious, actually the best detailed cars didn't win in many cases.

Saturday the cars went out to the first fairway from 11:30 to 3pm. Lunch was served and the food fantastic. Wine tasting was at 5pm with the Banquet at 6pm. Again the food was great and there were many raffle prices.

I would highly recommend going to this event next year if you live in Tenn, Va, South Carolina, and Georgia. It was very well run with many activities. Several of us actually commented that we wish there had been more time to drive in large groups.

Here is a link to all the cars: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whipe350

Below in the next post I put all the Boxsters and Caymans.

I ended up driving back to Black Mountain later Sat night and then got up the next morning and drove the long twisty way home since there wouldn't be rain and temps were in the low 70s. It added more then an hour to the trip but it was worth it!
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote