View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #14
Morelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Morelli, I think you made a good decision, although I'm sad you are no longer a Boxster owner. If you don't have a dependable daily driver, life is full of angst and woe. My Honda or my Lexus do a great job of getting me back and forth to work every day in comfort... the Lexus being the more comfortable ride without a doubt, but the fuel economy is so much better in the Honda that I drive that most of the time.

If I had purchased my old boxster as a daily driver, I think I would have sold it months ago. It was simply an undependable car when I took posession of it, and I would have had more time off from work getting it fixed than I could tolerate, and I am the boss of my own company and I can come and go as I please.

But, my old Boxster is very dependable now (and by "now" I mean this very minute, not tomorrow when my aging radiator fluid reservoir cracks and fills my rear trunk with liquid gold or radiator fluid as it's commonly known)... although I'd never drive it every day in Houston. Every time I have to sit in 95 degree bumper-to-bumper traffic for an hour I arrive home in a very bad mood indeed. My back hurts from all the clutch use, and my backside--especially the skin near my wallet--hurts from the thought of all the clutch wear! My 2.5 also guzzles fuel in stop and go traffic. and if I'm going to burn 3.20 premium, it's gonna be while driving nice and fast on a deserted road somewhere!

But I like it and won't sell it unless I get in terrible financial condition. It's paid for and far too much fun to drive when the weather is nice! I hope you can get another one as a second car, one that needs little and is owned as a pleasure ride!

My sentiments.

The Porsche is paid for, and I could just as easily buy another car but I have no need for an extra car, and no room for one. And yeah, mine was a daily driver, and I drive in LA traffic. No fun.